AR milk for digestive disorders
If your baby suffers during its development a series of digestive disorders such as colic, constipation, regurgitation, etc. We offer you the best anti-reflux milks so that you can easily recover from these disorders.
Best selling AR milks November 2021
What is Anti Regurgitation Milk for Infants Start and Continuation
The AR Anti Regurgitation or Anti Reflux are special milks for the feeding of babies both at the beginning and afterwards. The pediatrician should advise them in cases in which when they are fed with breast milk the baby vomits frequently and even if he takes his dose of milk, it does not manage to nourish him well and causes weight loss and even anemia.
That a baby does not gain weight is a problem that can have more serious consequences, so it is advisable before stopping treatment that you consult your pediatrician.
It should also be taken into account that in the baby a certain amount of reflux is normal for the first three months of life. For this reason, it is not worrying if the baby gradually gains weight even if he has reflux from time to time. It is concerning if you start to lose weight.
Sometimes gastroesophageal reflux occurs which is stronger or more violent vomiting. Coming from the stomach, the acids pass through the esophagus and cause pain. This pain is responsible for the baby not wanting to feed and causes growth problems. These problems should be seen by the pediatrician to assess their severity and the treatment to be followed.
Features of AR Anti Reflux milk for babies:
AR milks usually have three types of modifications compared to normal milks:
- Density increase : Increasing the thickness helps to reduce reflux. The most widely used thickeners are rice or corn starch, carob flour. In the case of babies already with gastroesophageal reflux it is contraindicated.
- Casein is added , which contains essential amino acids for the development of muscles and the immune system. Its other property is that it prevents the flow of reflux into the esophagus.
- Reduction of the amount of fat : This seeks to lighten the digestion process in the stomach of the milk, because the digestion time of the fatty acids is reduced.
Best valued AR November 2021
AR milk for babies intolerant to lactose or casein
Children with allergies to cow protein, casein or lactose intolerance (there are other special milks for these cases) cannot drink AR milk.
How to use AR milk
In mild cases of regurgitation of the baby, the method of combining special milk with normal milk can be used. In these cases you have to dissolve it well avoiding lumps.
For all other cases, the pediatrician will indicate the dosage to be taken by the baby.
It must be taken into account with respect to the bottle, that since the milk is thicker, it does not flow and the nipple must be replaced by one with an adjustable flow or three speeds (See on Amazon)
If a small amount comes out of the bottle, the baby can get nervous and can stop eating, so we have not achieved anything.
Tips for parents to keep in mind:
- It is normal for a baby to vomit some milk after feedings up to the first three months or even the first year of life, gaining weight is normal.
- If the vomit comes out with force projecting forward or is large, then you should consult your pediatrician.
- Gluten-free cereals can be added after 4 months to thicken the milk and other types of cereals after 6 months.
- There are bottles that prevent the child from swallowing air like those of Dr. Brown’s (Amazon)
- Make the child breathe out by patting him on the back.
- Do not put the baby to bed immediately after eating.
- Do not move the baby much after a feed.
- There are special infusions for babies that prevent gas:
- To replace the fluids that the baby has vomited, leave it for 2 or 3 hours and then give it rehydration serum. Give it small amounts of liquid.
- Avoid pressing the child on the abdomen
Keep the head area higher when lying down.
- Bottle feedings should be more frequent and smaller.
AR milk. Prices
👉 You should also be interested in: